Script Copying & Shipping
Copy, Print & Submit Your Script With Hollywood Script ExpressWriting a script is hard enough but once it is finally completed and ready to show to the world, one crucial question faces every writer -- "Where do I start?"
1. Research, Research, Research...First, you need to research potential recipients and the best way is online. Hollywood Script Express has a helpful list of literary agents and literary managers, productions companies and script writing contests. You may also wish to purchase a copy of the Hollywood Creative Directory.
One of the mistakes new writers make is sending their script "unsolicited" to just about anyone they can find. This is not advised. You must first research potential production companies that perhaps make movies in the same genre as your script, and agents and managers who have good reputations. You don't have to go for the big agencies when you first start out, that will happen further down the line when you have achieved some success. The exception here is if you manage to get a contact through your own networking efforts or family and friends. A personal introduction is also a bonus!
2. Always Send A Query Letter Or EmailOnce you know who you are going to approach you must them send them a "query letter" or email which is essentially a one page letter introducing yourself, your background and the logline of your script you wish them to read. Industry professionals will take you more seriously if you approach them in this manner and ask them politely whether they would like to read your screenplay. If they like what you have to say then they will request your script.
3. Professional PresentationNow your foot is in the door you need to make sure you do not blow the whole thing by sending someone an unprofessionally presented screenplay. Hollywood has strict standards and readers, agents, managers and execs are very fickle. That's why we recommend you use the professional script copying and submission service from Hollywood Script Express.
Not only does HSX allow you to submit your script to agents, producers and contests, but they also let you manage your submissions through a suite of powerful submission tracking tools which include contact management, follow-up reminders, feedback compilation, response stats and copyright protection.
After signing up for a free acount you can then upload your screenplay, attach a cover letter, enter the destination (or multiple destinations) and have it professionally printed, bound and shipped the same day from Los Angeles. This service will save you time and money, especially if you are based outside of LA and the USA.
So what are you waiting for? Get writing!
Buy Movie Outline 3 Online
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
What the Pros Say...
I thoroughly enjoy working with Movie Outline 3 and find it well designed, easy to use, helpful and entertaining. If you're a novice or seasoned pro, this program can aid greatly in your creative process. Writer – The Next Generation
Movie Outline does a terrific job of helping writers organize their development process from beginning to end and has effectively raised the bar in the screenwriting software arena. Creative Screenwriting
- Industry Standard Script Formatting
- Auto-Complete & Auto-Pagination
- Auto-Convert & Auto-Capitalization
- Fully-Integrated Step-Outlining
- Highlight, Merge & Rearrange Steps
- Story, Script & Notes For Each Step
- Index Cards For Steps & Scenes
- Drag & Drop Reorganization
- Color-Coded To Match Story Structure
- Create Your Own Structure Templates
- Expand & Collapse Step Content
- Reference 12 Hollywood Movies
- Analyze Highs & Lows Of Your Story
- Set FeelFactor Levels For Each Step
- View 12 Hollywood Movie Graphs
- Create In-Depth Character Profiles
- Build Character Arcs Step By Step
- Track Characters & View Speech Count