August 9, 2004 (London, UK) – Nuvotech is pleased to announce the release of Movie Outline 2.0 – an innovative screenplay outlining application with powerful new features.
New in Version 2.0
- PowerView – Customizable Color-Coded View to Plan Your 3 Act Structure
- SmartSearch – Keep Track of Characters, Plot Devices & Keywords
- HTML Export – Color-Coded Web Page Creation & Integrated Viewer
- Story Tasks – Helpful Notes & Ideas Management System
- Plus New right-click Contextual Style Menu and Word & Character Count!
PowerView enables you to view your story structure in a customizable color-coded visual manner alongside your selected Reference Outline.
Your structure is divided into five main sections: Prologue, Act I, Act II, Act III and Denouement, and within Act II there are two Turning Points and the story’s Mid-Point. Each stage has its own popup window explaining what it represents and what should be happening in your story at that point.
You can customize the colors for each stage and adjust the scene start points to reflect the structure of your own story, however the Reference Plugin structure is independent of your own in order to help you visually gauge the progress of your story in comparison to your s elected movie outline.
With a single click you can expand and collapse the entire outline or individual scenes to reveal or hide scene information, adjust the displayed font, text size and window size to suit your needs and all your settings will automatically be saved for the next time you launch Movie Outline and PowerView.
SmartSearch enables you to keep track of a character, story development, plot device, keyword or phrase through your entire outline in a practical, visual manner.
Simply enter the character name or word you wish to track, such as “John” or “gun”, in the SmartSearch window, or select a word in the main outline screen and choose SmartSearch from the new right-click Contextual Menu, and you will instantly see a small blue arrow icon appear beside the title of every scene that includes this text, and the line that contains the searched word will be highlighted in red.
You can also independently track words in your currently loaded Reference Outline and both user and reference words will be stored in memory each time you access PowerView.
HTML EXPORT & INTEGRATED VIEWER
As well as being able to print and export your outlines to plain text files, rich text files and PDF documents, Movie Outline 2.0 now enables you to export your outline with the current PowerView structure colors to an HTML web page and then view it via an integrated HTML Viewer.
You can choose to display a Color Key at the top of your web page and export either a full outline of Titles and Scenes or just a list of Titles. With HTML Export you now have the option of sharing your color-coded outline on the web or with colleagues!
When writing a story, there are always bound to be ideas popping up along the way about c haracters and plot points, such as: I must remember to make Jessica find the gun in scene 12 or John should meet Mary before he gets mugged but after his date with Abby. You can’t control when inspiration strikes and that’s exactly where Story Tasks come in!
To help you keep track of all those complex character arcs, plot devices and story objectives, Movie Outline 2.0 now enables you to keep a task list specific to each outline you create. You can check, uncheck or delete completed tasks and print a full list of task Titles and Notes or just a list of Titles.
Other Key Features
- Simple, user-friendly interface
- Movie Reference Plugins for Simultaneous Comparison
- Easy Scene Reordering & Organization
- PDF / RTF / TXT Export
- Styled Text & Printing
- Notes Field
- Unlimited Undo / Redo
- Find & Replace
- Spell Check (130,000 word database)
- Tip of the Day – Practical Screenwriting Advice
Reference Plugins Included
- Die Hard (1988) Action-Thriller
- Good Will Hunting (1997) Drama
- Scream (1996) Horror
- There’s Something About Mary (1998) Comedy
- True Romance (1993) Crime Thriller
- When Harry Met Sally (1989) Romantic Comedy
- Microsoft Windows® 98/Me/NT/2000/XP operating system.
- 23 MB of free hard disk space.
- 200 MHz CPU or higher.
- Intel Pentium/Celeron Compatible Processor.
- 32 MB of RAM.
- VGA or higher monitor resolution.
- Internet Connection for Download and Product Activation.
Movie Outline is developed and distributed internationally by Nuvotech, a British technology company based in London, founded by produced screenwriter and director Dan Bronzite to publish innovative software for the creative industry.